Wednesday, May 21, 2008

a prayer request.

Before I head off to teach ESL this afternoon, I wanted to write a quick prayer request. Please be praying for creative ways to help and get involved in the community. It is hard to know what to do with a large group and particularly how to build relationships with the kids beyond playing soccer everyday. Soccer is fun, but my body is aching with muscle pains and shin splints, and it doesn't promote conversation or deeper relationships. Please be praying for Stephen and I's creativity in connecting with the community each day.

Also, I'll include a few justifications I've been meaning to write about. First, I wanted to explain why we call it Burma rather than Myanmar, which you would see on most maps and in news. Myanmar is the new name given by the military regime in 1989. Officially, the United States and most of Europe has not recognized Myanmar in defiance to the illegitimate rule. By simply calling the country Burma, it can show your opinions of the military and respect those that have been abused by them. Secondly, I thought I should just mention that I'm guessing the spelling of most names written in stories and below pictures. I'm simply writing them phonetically.

Thanks for your prayers!

No comments: